Research and teaching position within the Department of Information and Communication Technologies (DTIC) at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona)
Application deadline: Open until filled (before September 2019)
Starting date: November 2019
We seek applications from talented students interested in pursuing a PhD in biomedical engineering.
You will participate in a number of biomedical engineering projects focused on clinical applications and within the framework of bioelectrical phenomena. More specifically, you will do research on tissue electroporation.
You will conceive, design and implement devices and systems that will be used in vitro, in vivo and clinically in close collaboration with life sciences researchers. You will also perform numerical simulations related to the phenomena under study.
You will participate in international meetings and you will report your results in scientific journals.
- You can enroll a PhD program in Spain (you have a MSc degree).
- You have a BSc or MSc in engineering or physics and you have a solid background in electronics.
- Ideally, you also have a MSc in Biomedical Engineering or some sort of background in biology and medicine.
- You are highly motivated in scientific research and in challenging engineering developments. You are willing to develop skills as needed to complete challenging projects.
- You are able to communicate well and work closely with other team members. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and independent decision-making abilities. Both independent and team-oriented work will be required.
- Key competences: analog electronics, instrumentation systems, power inverters, microcontroller and FPGA programming, PCB design, LabVIEW, MATLAB, numerical methods (COMSOL Multiphysics), 3D CAD.
This PhD scholarship (“Teaching PRC”) will be supported by the DTIC. Its benefits and conditions are available at: https://www.upf.edu/web/etic/predoctoral-research-contracts. Gross monthly salary: 1400 €.
E-mail your CV and presentation letter to:
DTIC, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
C/Roc Boronat 138, E-08018 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: + 34 93 542 1578