The Justin Teissié Award for Excellence in the Electroporation-Based Treatments and Technologies
The International Society of the Electroporation-Based Treatments and Technologies (ISEBTT) grants the Justin Teissié Award every two years at the World Congress on Electroporation, to a young scientist who has made an important contribution to the field of Electroporation. The main purpose of this Prize is to keep alive Dr Teissié’s memory and scientific legacy, as well as to foster excellence in the Electroporation-Based Treatments and Technologies community, by recognizing outstanding scientific contributions of early stage researchers. The scientific contribution must relate to any of the topics and areas of interest of the ISEBTT (www.electroporation.net).
- The International Society of the Electroporation-Based Treatments and Technologies (ISEBTT) grants the Justin Teissié Award of the ISEBTT every two years, at the World Congress on Electroporation, to a scientist who has made an important contribution to the field of electroporation.
- Any member of the ISEBTT can make nominations. Candidates have to be full members of the ISEBTT. Self-nominations are also allowed on their own behalf if they are ISEBTT members for three consecutive years. A scientist who has already been awarded the Justin Teissié Award cannot be nominated or apply for this Prize again.
- Candidates should be under 40 years of age and prove to perform independent research. The candidate should not have reached his/her 40th birthday on December 31st of the year before the World Congress.
- The nomination/application and supporting materials to be submitted to the President of the ISEBTT should consist of
- no more than 1000 words giving details of the relevant contribution of the individual
- a letter summarizing the nominee’s/applicant’s qualifications, and at least two letters (three in the case of self nomination) supporting the nomination/application
- the curriculum vitae in two pages, including honours previously received
- the five most significant publications of the candidate, with comments, and full publication list.
- The winner is expected to attend the World Congress on Electroporation where the Award will be presented and give a “Justin Teissié Award” lecture.
- The Prize consists of a certificate and the sum of 1,000 Euros. The Prize also covers his/her registration and banquet fees.
- A Prize Committee will select one candidate from the nominations/applications. The Prize Committee will consist of the President of ISEBTT, who will chair the Prize Committee, and at least three ISEBTT members who will be elected by the ISEBTT Council two months prior to the coming World Congress. ISEBTT members submitting any nomination will be ineligible for the Prize Committee. In case the ISEBTT President becomes ineligible, the ISEBTT Council will replace him by a Council member who will serve as Chairman of the Prize Committee. The ISEBTT Council will have to approve the decision of the Prize Committee.
Certificate, the sum of 1,000 Euros, and World Congress registration and banquet fees, all paid from funds that were collected by Justin Teissié’s colleagues after his decease and through ulterior donations. Private and company donations are and will be accepted (please contact the President of the ISEBTT). These funds will be identified as such in the assets of the society.
Call for nominations for the 2021 Justin Teissié Award for Excellence in the Electroporation-Based Treatments and Technologies should be received by the President of the Committee not later than June 1st (2022).