School on PEF for Food Processing
21/03/2016 – University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
A school on PEF Processing of Food will take place in 2016. The school will be co-organised by University College Dublin and COST Action TD1104 – EP4Bio2Med.
***UPDATE*** Visit the homepage of the school http://foodpefschool.ucd.ie/ or continue reading for more information…
The objective of the School is to offer to students, academic and industrial researchers the opportunity to improve their knowledge of the fundamentals of pulsed electric fields (PEF) and electroporation for food processing, through lectures by the leading PEF and electroporation experts and practical, hand-on experience, with special focus on the implementation of the PEF treatments for pasteurising liquid foods and enhancing mass transfer in solid foodsThe main strengths of the School are:
- Providing attendees with a timely update on novel electroporation methods and protocols, through presentations given by the main research groups working with PEF from across the world;
- Promoting interaction between different research groups, facilitated by the simultaneous presence in the classrooms of leading experts in the world as well as young researchers wishing to make a contribution to the evolution of electroporation technologies and their application in research and industry;
- Active involvement of all research groups from COST Action TD1104, in organising the School, which is held every year in a different country;
- Supporting cooperation between academia and industry, with the content of the courses being designed for both academic and industrial researchers.
The first edition of the School was organized within the COST TD1104 Action in Spain in January 2014 (http://pefschool.unizar.es/index.htm) by the research group “New Technologies for Food Processing and Preservation” at the University of Zaragoza while the second school (2015) was organized by ProdAl Scarl (www.prodalricerche.it), in collaboration with the University of Salerno (www.unisa.it) from 7th to 12th of February 2015 (www.prodalricherche.it/PEFSchool).
Following the success of the first two editions, the Scientific Committee announced that the School in 2016 will be organized by University College Dublin (www.ucd.ie) and COST TD1104 Action (www.electroporation.net).
Members of the Scientific Committee for this School are:
- James Lyng, Institute of Food and Health, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Cristina Arroyo, Institute of Food and Health, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Damijan Miklavcic, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Slovenija
- Javier Raso, University of Zaragoza, Veterinary School, Spain
- Giovanna Ferrari, ProdAl S.c.ar.l.& University of Salerno, Italy
- Wolfgang Frey, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Dietrich Knorr, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Justin Teissie, Institute of Pharmacology and Structural Biology, CNRS, France
- Stefan Toepfl, German Institute of Food Technologies, Germany
A PDF containing the final version of the School programme and schedule will follow shortly.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Dublin from 21st to 24th of March 2016!