In our team Advanced Technologies, at DIL German Institute of Food Technologies e.V, we are looking for a
Student (Master/Bachelor thesis or Internship) (m/f/n)
interested in working on investigation of suitability of different electrode materials for pulsed electric field (PEF) applications.
Aim of the work is to evaluate suitability of different electrode materials (other than existing steel or titanium) to minimize electrode erosion and electrolytical reactions occurring at the interfaces of the electrodes during processing of food.
The work is part of the European research and innovation project FOX: Innovative down-scaled FOod processing in a boX (https://www.fox-foodprocessinginabox.eu/). The goal of the project is development of a mobile fruit and vegetable processing unit for mild extraction and preservation, including Pulsed Electric Fields. For potential improvement of down-scaled unit performance with respect to product quality and treatment efficiency, exploration of new electrode materials is foreseen.
We offer possibility for independent working on the project in the duration of 6 to 12 months in the area of novel food technologies in an innovative, international and exciting working environment.
Expected start is from January 2021, with certain flexibility.
- Literature research on different electrode materials tested
- Experimental design for chosen electrode materials for model and real food matrices
- Analysis and interpretation of obtained results
- Studies in the field of physics, electrochemistry, chemical engineering or electrotechnics are preferred
- Good communication skills and problem solving attitude
- Independent, motivated and able to work in a team
- Good computer literacy
- Very good spoken and written English required, German skills desired
Dr. Kemal Aganovic
Then we look forward to receiving your CV, contact details and the earliest possible starting date, preferably by email (email@example.com)
DIL Deutsches Institut für Lebensmitteltechnik e.V.
Prof.-von-Klitzing-Str. 7, 49610 Quakenbrück
Telefon: +49 (0)5431.183.0
Telefax: +49 (0)5431.183-114